Stackhouse-Moore can trace it roots back to Cambridge, IL where in January 1946 under the direction of Earl Stackhouse the Stackhouse Funeral Home began operation. Mr. Stackhouse, who was born and raised in Burns Township, Henry County, had returned from military service in World War II and purchased the business from Frank Gustafson. As time went on, the business was merged with other firms to form a partnership. Gene Moore became a partner in 1975 with the addition of the Annawan and Sheffield Chapels. The partnership at that time was named Schueneman-Stackhouse-Moore Funeral Homes.
Vernon Stackhouse joined the family business in 1978, and he became a part owner when his father retired in 1980.
In 1982 the partnership became Stackhouse-Moore Funeral Homes with Vernon Stackhouse and Gene Moore as partners.
In 1986, Myers-Wright Funeral Services in Geneseo was purchased from owners William Myers and Joe Wright. In that year David Moore joined the business. In 1999 a family owned corporation was formed and the name changed to Stackhouse-Moore Funeral Services, Inc. David Moore purchased his father Gene's share of the business in January 2000. Stackhouse-Moore Funeral Services, Inc. currently operates locations in Annawan, Cambridge, Galva, Geneseo and Sheffield.